Saturday, January 17, 2009

Out with the old, in with the new

The time has finally come to set aside the things of the past and move on to fresh beginnings.

My helmet and I have been through a lot. It's the first helmet that was truly mine and mine alone. We've enjoyed college rides in Vermont, trips to California, and my first official MASS season to name a few. Though the padding was lost years ago, it smelled, was ugly, and didn't really fit properly ever; I didn't care it was my helmet, and it has brought me through many a scary and precarious fall, "safely".

I have much to look forward to, a grueling season of expert racing, a spiffy new bike (known as the "Tanginer" by my beloved teammates) and finally, freaking FINALLY a brand-spanking new helmet.











It's shiny, has pads, doesn't smell, and comes complete with a new fangled adjustment thingy so that it actually fits.












It really is the simple things in life...

K-town


No comments:

Post a Comment